Business liability insurance against covered negligence resulting in injury caused to others.
RLI combines A+ rated financial strength with $10 million of limits to provide you with a stable market for business liability risks. We offer coverage for a broad range of general liability and product liability exposures. Our minimum premiums address the needs of smaller clients, and coverage is available on a national basis.
Uncommon authority to be the best
RLI has the most talented underwriters in the industry, with the authority to make the quick decisions. Our underwriters are rewarded for doing what’s best for our customers. They use their deep industry knowledge and niche expertise to develop creative solutions to meet your customers’ needs.
RLI Casualty offers:
- Excess and surplus lines coverages on a non-admitted basis
- Flexible, knowledgeable, individual risk underwriters that can tailor the policy to the needs of the insured
- A wide variety of classes available including larger difficult accounts
- Policies issued within 15 days
- Customized self-insured retention and large deductible programs available as well as standard policy deductibles
- Commercial general liability coverage up to $1 million per occurrence and
- $2 million aggregate.
- Product liability coverage up to $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate
RLI’s general liability policies are available in all 50 states, with wholesale brokers located throughout the United States.
Target Classes (includes, but not limited to)
Habitational & Premises
- Retail/mercantile trade – owned and LRO, including shopping centers
- Distributors – household goods, food, beverages, automotive
- Buildings – owned and LRO, offices, warehouses, industrial, vacant
- Apartments, co-ops and condominiums – including student apartments
- New purchases – without prior loss info
Products & Manufacturing
- Instruments – diagnostic, electronics and components, medical, laboratory
- Toys/games manufacturer or distributor – plush, dolls, accessories and games
- Clothing/textiles/footwear – all except children’s clothes and sleepwear
- Auto parts – aftermarket, non-critical
- Machine shops – heat processing, foundries, electroplating and fabrication – non-structural
- Consumer goods – paper products, soaps/detergents, home décor
- Medical products – surgical, non-invasive and diagnostic
- Cosmetic and personal care goods – no hair relaxers or products containing lye
- Metal goods – non-pressurized tanks, non-powered tools, light trailers, fasteners
- Computers – computer equipment, accessories, component parts
- General contractors – new and renovations
- Artisan contractors – most types, not subcontractors
- Most commercial trade contractors
- Demolition – structures under four stories and interior – no wrecking ball or blasting
- Flat concrete work – including water treatment plan construction
- Owners interest
- Landscape and site work
- Machinery installation/repair
- OCP’s and owners interest in construction projects