RLI understands the unique insurance needs of marinas, boatyards and boat dealerships.
Our Marina & Boat Dealership portfolio is custom crafted to address the insurance requirements unique to this industry, and we take a holistic approach to offering coverages on our accounts. Our underwriters are experts in marine insurance — we know that offering an insurance portfolio approach allows us to consider all exposures unique to marinas and boat dealerships. As a result, we can offer a full array of coverages and package them together in a complete marine policy.
Meanwhile, our claim staff is experienced in all types of marine claims and is proactive in the settlement process. And we offer loss control services at no additional cost to help prevent the claims before the happen.
We can offer your insureds the following coverages:
- Commercial general liability
- Marina operators liability (including commercial ship repair liability)
- Protection and indemnity (for all owned and non-owned watercraft exposures)
- Yacht broker’s liability
- Umbrella “bumbershoot” liability
- Boat dealership inventory
- Owned watercraft hull coverage (for workboats and rental watercraft)
- Property and business personal property
- Piers, wharves and docks
- Business interruption and extra expense
- Marina equipment (travel lifts, forklifts, etc.) and tools
- Electronic data processing
- Business signs
Supplemental coverages available
- Limited pollution liability
- Hired and non-owned auto liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Crime and employee dishonesty
- Stop gap liability
- Liquor legal liability (subject to underwriter guidelines and restrictions)
- Accounts receivable
- Valuable papers
- Debris removal
Coverages unique to boat dealers
- Truth in lending
- False pretense
- Title errors & omissions
- Engine hours errors & omissions
- Experienced underwriting — Our underwriters are among the most experienced in the industry, which allows us to tailor coverage to your specific needs.
- Commitment to loss control — RLI Marine claims experts are committed to helping you reduce loss costs with proven risk control methods.
- Financial strength — RLI is rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best and “A+” by Standard & Poor’s.
We cover a host of operations including, but not limited to:
- Boat dealerships
- Boat repair yards and repair operations (including any commercial vessel repair)
- Marina slip rental and mooring
- Fueling operations
- Boat storage
- Yacht brokerage
- Ship’s store/snack bar
- Boat rental (subject to underwriter guidelines and restrictions)
- Yacht clubs