RLI’s hull and P&I insurance offers protection from physical damage to vessel hulls as well as associated coverages.
RLI Marine has the experienced underwriters with local market knowledge and capacity to handle a variety of hull insurance exposures including: tugs, barges, dredges, passenger vessels and builders’ risk.
We offer commercial hull insurance and P&I coverage for the following classes:
- Barges — deck, hopper, tank and construction barges
- Offshore service vessels — crew boats, supply boats and other service vessels
- Passenger vessels — excursions, gaming, ferries, charter boats and head boats
- Miscellaneous vessels — dry docks, research/oceanographic, utility/yard vessels, vessel pollution response and pilot boats
- Builders’ risks
- Experienced underwriters — Ours are practiced at tailoring a marine policy to customers’ specific needs.
- Commitment to loss control — We are committed to reducing loss costs through the use of loss control.
- Financial strength — RLI is rated "A+" (Superior) by A.M. Best and "A+" by Standard and Poor’s.
Appetite and Coverage Amounts
Our appetite is very broad for hull and P&I insurance. Commercial hull limits of up to $5 million and P&I limits of up to $1 million are available on each of the target classes.
Get a Quote
We require the following basic information to provide a competitive hull quote and marine insurance:
- Completed RLI Marine hull and P&I application
- Required surveys
- Complete vessel schedule
- Account profit & loss record (up to five years)